“WHEN YOU ROW ANOTHER PERSON ACROSS A RIVER, YOU GET THERE YOURSELF”
Call it Freak coincidence or a planned self actualization– but this is the first thing I read in the morning when I opened the news paper today (*TOI, dt : April 25, 2010, The speaking tree supplement ). You see, a person is compelled to think in this direction when something of this sort happens.
Out of nowhere, when I had no expectations from any angle, one of my gregarious acts of the past to help someone out came back in my aid! And that too when I wanted some kind of positive intervention the most. To be very frank, I did start off to help out this person back then, but had I given my 100%? I think not – even though what was set out for was achieved, I am sure I could have fast tracked it if I had given my 100% back then.
We all have read about it somewhere or the other about how important it is for us to b good human beings and how our actions will come back to us someday, one way or the other. Some call it - “what goes around, comes around” and others “ the great karmic cycle”, but I would prefer to call it my first unadulterated and conscious experience to karma. I call it firsthand not because I have not experienced karma before, but because it has never impacted me so much that I sat back to think about it.
What this also compels me to think is this – if my unconscious and non focused approach t help someone gives out such an outcome, imagine what a channelized and focused approach would? It would definitely help those who are looking out for that help and some way or the other it is bound to come back to me tomorrow. This might sound a little bit bookish and “but of course!”, but it’s nevertheless a revelation. It’s somewhat like this – at school we get to read a lot about how things are and how the world is in theory, but it’s a different ballgame all together when you experience it practically – and this is my first conscious practical experience . . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have seen it 'n' number of times. What goes around, comes around. And what you sow, so shall you reap.
ReplyDeletethats beautiful bro...u are absolutely spot on.....but the incident which u r referring to doesnt strike a cord.....well again,i guess its best left anonymous....
ReplyDelete