What is a BLOG? - I am Clueless - All I know is that it is something similar to a Diary that you maintain - just a bit more fancier way to dump all of your thoughts and ideas that culminate in your head along with the option that you will be able to publish these very same thoughts to the entire world -
Now why on earth would someone what to do that? - I have been brought up all this time making me think that this is the worst thing you could ever do. What that literally translates to, is you letting the world see what’s written in your diary - Not that i have maintained one , but i have my share of friends and cousins who maintain their diaries so religiously and regularly , and that too maintaining the same as if they were one of our nation’s best kept secrets- something "for your eyes only" - something which if you lay your hands on, they go jumping around the house chasing you and begging you to hand it over to them.
I could never maintain a diary - It takes a fair amount of discipline to maintain one and discipline and me, well that's a discussion for later (My wife would like to contribute a couple of pages on this matter).
But here is where BLOG tends to be different - one of the main purpose of you writing here is so that the world can see - and comment - and share their thoughts - Is that not so? Now that Interests me (Plus you don’t NEED to have the discipline to maintain one and update it everyday!).
The next thing is - what do you write about?
Here is where i will introduce you to one of the main person who inspired me to start this rather “net”worthy exercise - My colleague and friend for many years - Amit Raje.
You see, he is a rather interesting person who reads a lot and maintains a good solid database on many things . He opens the can of worms for discussion and we discuss - and that is exactly the essence of what I would like to get into this blog.
We usually do this over a cup of coffee – usually at some coffee house where we pay in 3 digits for 2 cups of coffee –something that I feel is completely unnecessary. (I am sure the coffee house conglomerates would be smiling at the thought of their cash registers ringing for such causes) – But as Amit say – “It’s for the ambience Yaar” –“ lets manifest the high life to come as we would have to do a lot more of this in the future” he says (manifest being a very popular word these days after the release of the SECRET, LAWS OF ATTRACTION- ask my wife and her best friend Nikky - I love you both and I swear I believe in it, no jokes! ).
Having said that, I am leaving you with the anticipation of these discussions to come – right now I don’t have the discipline to put them in this blog today – as I have learnt, a blog may continue over a considerable period of time and I am going to use time towards my advantage at this point.
I am eager to know what’s your thought on this – (as I type this , I feel a sudden sense of excitement that I am sure I would never have experience if I had ever maintained a diary) – so feel free to drop in a line or 2 – not more than that as I am the main originator of this blog, not you – if you intend to write more, please start your own blog and make sure to include me in your credits for the inspiration –
Till then : sign off!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ha ha ha !!! funny......
ReplyDeleteI Like it .... Abyyyyyy you write well. Congrats and hope we get to see more of this.
Nikky
Hey good start..if u ever get the time...go through my blog - http://www.milind-desai.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteVery well written. You have a way with words. Keep it up uncle.
i hope u come up with more n more......i love it man!
ReplyDelete